In an effort to keep our IHAH family healthy – both employees and clients, please read our policies to address the spread of the COVID-19 novel virus.
Please call us when you get to our facility so we can check your pet in or help you. All communication will be done via phone.
OUT-PATIENT APPOINTMENTS - please remain in your car and we (Dr and Technician) will call you on the phone number you provided. A team member will retrieve and return your pet from the car.
ADMITTING APPOINTMENTS - (Surgery, Grooming, Exam, Boarding) - the receptionist will need to double check information before you leave. A team member will retrieve your pet from the car. All forms must be completed 24 hours prior to your appointment or your appointment will be cancelled.
PICK UP ONLY - (Meds or Pets) - please call us and we will bring it out to you.
We understand families want to be supportive of their pets but, please limit the number of people accompanying your pet to the hospital.
In order to keep our staff safe, the bathroom will be reserved for the use of our employees only. Until further notice, there will be no use by clients of our team’s bathroom. There will be no exceptions. We are very sorry for this inconvenience.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER OUR BUILDING. If you need assistance, please give us a call (301) 292-1150.
2. TELEMEDICINE OPTION – Digital Visits are completed via our Televet APP (link for download above).
Telemedicine is available to our existing clients and patients that we have seen in the last 12 months.
Telemedicine is not indicated for life threatening emergencies, situations where blood work, radiographs or a full physical exam are required. Telemedicine is indicated for "minor" problems like ear infections, some skin infections, small lacerations, uncomplicated urinary tract infections, etc.
Download the APP, create an account and request an appointment. Telemedicine Appointments are 20 minutes long.
3. Please do not visit our hospital if you are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness.
4. Please do NOT visit the clinic within 2 weeks of ANY travel without giving us prior notification so we can determine if it is safe to visit.
5. If your pet is sick or needs immediate attention and you are not well or have been around others who are not well, you must call the clinic and inform us so we can determine how best to safely help your pet.
6. MEDICATION REFILLS - request medication refills here. You can pay for your medications ahead of time via phone or online. When you arrive, please call from your car, and a member of our team will run the medication out to you.
7. Employees are not allowed to work with any symptoms of illness. Rest assured that we are taking all precautions to protect you when you visit our clinic. Any employees with a history of domestic or international flight travel to a CDC Level 3 or 4 area are required to complete a 14 day quarantine period.
8. Please be patient while we schedule appointments, during our check in/out procedures, and while waiting for an exam room. Taking the necessary precautions between clients and patients will require more time. We will be adjusting our scheduling accordingly.
9. If you have any questions about your visit or your pet, we are always available to answer your questions. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. It is because we care so much about our entire IHAH family that we are taking this so seriously and making no exceptions.