Patient Arrival Policy
For your protection, and that of others, all dogs must be on a leash and properly controlled while outside our building as well as in the waiting area and exam rooms. All cats must be presented in an appropriate cat carrier. If you feel you need help controlling your pet for your appointment, please keep your pet safely in the car, and let the reception desk know before your pet is exposed to other patients.
To allow time for all patient visits and scheduled procedures to be completed, we operate by appointment. Please realize that we make a sincere attempt to see each client on time while providing the best care possible and making sure we allow the time each client needs to answer all of their questions.
- Life-threatening emergency cases shall always receive top priority. When we have such emergencies, it is inevitable there will be a delay in seeing the scheduled appointments at their appointed times.
- Urgent care cases will be triaged by a technician before being seen by the first available Doctor and will incur additional fees.
- Walk in cases will have the last priority and will be asked to wait until there is a break in the doctor’s appointment schedule or may choose to schedule an appointment for a later date/time.
- New clients may be asked to leave a non-refundable deposit of $100.00 when scheduling a procedure prior to a general examination with the veterinarian.
In order to keep our schedule running smoothly and to prevent unnecessary delays, we ask all clients to arrive five to ten (5-10) minutes before their appointment time so the front desk may check you in. If you are running late, please call our office at 301-292-1150 as we may be able to guide you as to what would be most convenient for you.
- Clients who arrive between ten and twenty (10 – 20) minutes late, may be asked to wait until there is a break in the doctor’s appointment schedule or may choose to re-schedule the appointment.
- Clients who are 20 or more minutes late may choose to reschedule or be worked into the schedule as an urgent appointment. There will be an urgent care fee applied.
Appointment Cancellation Policy/No show Policy
- We are committed to provide all of our patients with exceptional care. Due to a high demand for appointments, when a client cancels without giving advanced notice, they prevent another patient from being seen.
- We make attempts via text and email to remind clients of appointments.
- We understand that unexpected or unavoidable situations may occur resulting in an appointment being cancelled. if your appointment needs to be rescheduled, please call us at 301-292-1150 at least 24 hours in advance or by noon Saturday for Monday appointments. Failure to notify us, will result in a No Show appointment.
- If a client has two or more cancellations in a 12 month period without notifying the hospital, we reserve the right to assess the following fees or request a non-refundable deposit for the same amount for any future appointments:
- $63.00 fee for missed appointments
- $75.00 for missed grooming or boarding appointments
- $100.00 fee for missed procedures (ie. surgeries, dentals, etc.).
Our pharmacy stocks most of your pet’s prescription needs. Our online store is a convenient alternative option to order your prescription refills (delivered directly to you).
- In order for medications to be refilled the Annual Wellness Examination, Progress Evaluation and blood work as required must be up to date.
- Prescription refill requests require at least 24 hours notice. Any requests made with less than 24 hours will be considered "urgent" requests and will be assessed an Urgent refill fee.
How to request a refill?
We carry a limited selection of food in our hospital. We can special order any food (delivered to hospital) or our online store is a convenient alternative option to order from (delivered directly to you).
How to order?
- You can call us 301-292-1150, and use our automatic prompt
- You can request a refill using the Mobile App*
- You can use the Request a Refill link on the webpage*
- You can also call our online store at 1-877-738-4443
*Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Please drop off your pet between 8:00 Am and 9:00 AM.
- Please complete and submit the appropriate form/s as soon as possible and no later than 6:30 AM the day of the Procedure.
You can complete the form on any computer but to complete the form on your Iphone/Ipad you will need to download the Form Filler App or you will run into multiple problems.
- At the time you drop your pet off, we will let you know at what time you can call for an update or pick up time.
- When you pick up your pet make sure you understand the post-operative instructions.
- Do not feed your pet after 12:00 AM the night before surgery. Water is ok to give throughout the night.
Pre – ultrasound Instructions
- Do not feed your pet after 12:00 AM the night before the ultrasound. Water is ok to give throughout the night.
- Please drop off your pet between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM.
- Please complete and submit the Admitting Form no later than 6:30 AM the day of the procedure.
- You can complete the form on any computer but to complete the form on your Iphone/Ipad you will need to download the Form Filler App or you will run into multiple problems
- At the time you drop your pet off, we will let you know at what time you can call for an update or pick up time (usually after 4:00 PM).
We do not have someone on the premises after hours.
Our hospital has a fire/burglar alarm system.
New Client Referral Rewards Program
TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ABOUT US AND CLAIM YOUR REWARD!
The greatest compliment our clients give us is telling their friends about us! We appreciate the confidence our clients show by referring their family, friends, and neighbors to our practice. As a token of our appreciation with this new program you can refer a new client to us and receive a credit for $25 off YOUR next visit! Includes all services (medical, surgical, dental, grooming, Therapy laser or boarding).*
When your new referral comes to see us, make sure they tell us that you sent them and we will put a credit on YOUR account. When you schedule your appointment just let us know that you should have a credit. IT'S THAT EASY!
Use your credit within 1 year.
*Prescriptions and food are excluded.
We accept any of these methods of payment:
Senior Citizen, Active Military and multiple pet owners are eligible for discounts.
Payment is due at the time services are rendered.
If your pet is admitted into the hospital, you will be asked to leave a deposit (usually 50% of the estimate).
We strongly believe that pet’s should carry health insurance. We work with several Pet Insurance Companies and would be happy to help you complete claim forms.